Building & Construction

Specialising in Contract Works and Builders Warranty our team is able to guide you through the requirements for any sized project.

Insurance for the Building & Construction and Plant & Machinery Industries

Construction Insurance
As the name suggests, construction insurance covers building works during the course of construction. A typical policy will include cover for theft, malicious damage, wind, storm, flood and other water damage, fire, earthquake, etc.
There is, however, no such thing as ‘one policy fits all’, and builders should be aware of the potential exclusions under their policy that may hinder them in the event of a loss. For example, does your policy include cover for damage arising from defects? The cost of correcting defective work is generally excluded, however, how the policy will respond to any resultant damage to works that is not considered defective must be clarified.
Provisions can also be made to include cover for tools, scaffolding, goods in transit, plant and machinery items, site sheds, damage to buildings where you are undertaking alterations and additions, etc.

If you are unsure about what is (and isn’t) covered under your policy, or would like help obtaining insurance, please contact our team of construction insurance specialists today.

Mobile Plant & Machinery Insurance
Earthmoving equipment, crane operators, mining vehicles, trucks and civil contractors are just some of risks we can arrange to insure.
We work with single operators through to large mines, major earthmoving and civil engineering companies, as well as crane hire and operators.
Covers can extend to general losses, such as fire and theft, lease liability protection, hook liability, general public and products liability, consequential loss, goods lifted, professional liability, management liability, wet and dry hire, and more.
Our clients range from single operators to those with units well into the high-hundreds.
Don’t hesitate to speak to your account manager about the most appropriate cover for your equipment.

HBCF (Builders Warranty) 

Trans-West Insurance Brokers has been involved in HBCF (previously referred to as Builders Warranty) since it’s inception. We provide a range of services and can aid builders with their annual and quarterly reviews as well as day to day certificate management. Additional services include pre-assessment of eligibility, assistance in the development of an acceptable business plans, financial analysis and forecasting, preparation of cash flows, interpretation and forecasting of ANTA calculations, assessment of resources to facilitate future growth, monthly monitoring and more.

Should you require assistance, please contact Donna Avery or Andrew Gaudry in our office.

Our Location

Located in New South Wales

Trans-West Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd
79 Bathurst Street Liverpool
NSW 2170 Australia
Ph (61) 2 9601 7166 Fax (61) 2 9821 2010